Thursday, January 22, 2015

1.22.15 9:00 to 5:00 (Watches are jewelry, too)

The holidays are really over.  My college kid went back to school.  Last night I was in a meeting until almost 9 p.m. Today, putting things on my schedule is kind of like playing tetris, and my Google calendar looks like a patchwork quilt.

Photo credit:  Rebecca Minkoff
As much as I love being able to see my appointments and set alarms on my phone I'm not one of those people who is successful at using the phone as a watch. I need that dial divided into twelve hours on my left wrist to keep me on the straight and narrow.  My workhorse watch is this smart looking Baby G from Rebecca Minkoff.

I first learned about the Rebecca Minkoff brand from another pair of bloggers I follow religiously - Tina Craig and Kelly Cook of BagSnob.  (My habit for handbags is almost as bad as the one I have for earrings, but bags require much more space to store.)

I fell in love with this watch as soon as I saw it - and ordered it for myself immediately.  The brushed black stainless bracelet (with a deployment clasp)  and rose gold face make it stylish enough for all but the most formal occasions - but it's still sporty enough for dressed down weekend wear.  It has a nice "heft" to it but is by no means heavy.  It is very comfortable on my wrist, and easy to read with both analog and digital displays (good for someone like me who wears multifocal lenses).

It was a limited edition collaboration with Casio - and sadly no longer available for purchase.  However, rose gold seems to be here to stay and I have seen a number of other watches where it is combined with black for a similar look.

Oh, look at the time!  Gotta run!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment