Monday, November 2, 2015

11.02.15 Fall back...

If you're old enough to remember the 1980's, you might remember the book Color Me Beautiful, by Carole Jackson.  The book sought to help women improve their wardrobe and make up choices by helping them to determine their "season".  This "seasonal color analysis" grouped people into categories based on skin tone, eye, and hair color.








A fair skinned, dark haired person like me is a "winter". I find more than a little irony in this - because I don't like winter.  We don't have that much real winter in Texas - but it does happen (right now I'm more concerned about needing an ark - we had 14" of rain last week). I don't like being cold; I don't like having to bundle up like the Michelin Man to go outside; and as I tell anyone who asks why I like summer better - you don't have to shovel heat to get down the driveway.
Photo credit: Coach


Why the rant about winter?  Well, Saturday night we "fell back" to standard time. Earlier this year, I wrote about springing forward to Daylight Savings Time - which made me happy. The onset of shorter, colder days makes me grumpy, but at it least gives me a reason to write about watches again.  This time, it's my "Page" tank watch from Coach. It's not news that I like Coach accessories - including their jewelry and watches - and last fall, they offered a special edition of this watch with a black face and fall-toned floral print.




I fell in love and snapped up mine right away because I knew they would go fast.  After spending the summer in my jewelry drawer, it has now reappeared - the colors are perfect, especially with my predictable wardrobe of dark cardigans, white tees and khakis.

While I'm not a fan of "matching" jewelry, I feel a little bit like I've won the lottery when I find favorite pieces that work well together.

My "Modern Rocks" oxidized pendant from Metalicious is a perfect example.  The rectangular shape of the "emerald cut" complements the black metal tank case.  Even if no one else notices, I like it when the pieces of jewelry I wear echo each other.

Well, no time to waste (even if we did get that hour back from last spring) - I've started my fabrication classes - and there's places to go and things to do.

Until next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment