Monday, May 18, 2015

05.18.15 May flowers (and delayed showers)

We got a few showers in April, but man, May...you're soaking us.  In the last two weeks we've had a record 9" of rain.  No complaints, mind you - we're still behind - and the rain has made the grass green and the flowers bloom.

My mother in law sent me these beauties for my birthday recently - and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them open up and release their glorious fragrance.

I have lots of floral themed jewelry as well - and thought I'd share some of it for a May post. As with all my jewelry - my flowers run the gamut from whimsical and inexpensive to fine pieces in precious metals with gemstones.

In the "file under fun" category are these great pink flowers made by my friend (another local Austin artist), Christine Terrell of adaptive reUse.  Christine makes her earrings by cutting shapes from old decorative tins.  I love them - and really - how can you have a bad day when you are sporting hot pink daisies?
Photo credit: Lois Hill

Most of my jewelry, and especially my earrings, are in the "in between" price range.  For some folks the pick me up is a new shade of lipstick, for me it's a new pair of earrings.

These Lois Hill granulated flowers are long time favorites - I don't remember when it was, but I do remember buying them.  Years ago, wandering through Nordstrom (which I do far too often). I love the texture, and that the pattern almost looks like a paisley print.
Photo credit: Polyvore

Although I've written about them before, I'd be remiss if I didn't include my Jamie Joseph "Dahlia" earrings from Eliza Page.  A gift from my husband on my birthday a couple of years ago - the mix of gold, oxidized silver and diamonds make them one of the most beautiful, and special, pairs of earrings in my collection.
Photo credit: James Avery

...and it's not just earrings...

I have a wonderful James Avery bluebonnet pin, a 40th birthday gift from a friend, and my most recent floral acquisition - a pendant from Yvonne Raley's "sunflower" collection.

Photo credit: Cecile Raley Designs
I hope wherever you are, spring is in full bloom for you as well.

Until next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment