Monday, April 27, 2015

04.27.15 Elementary

I don't know about you, but I get a big charge out of seeing someone I've come to know receive recognition and achieve success.  Peggy Li is one of those people. I discovered her small, San Francisco based jewelry company several years ago, and have since purchased numerous pieces for myself, and as gifts.  We've never met in person, but we've had lots of very nice electronic chats and social media exchanges over the years I've been buying her jewelry.

Photo credit: Peggy Li
For the past several years, Peggy's jewelry has been seen on actresses on lots of television shoes, including Elementary.  I rarely miss an episode, and I find myself watching and looking for her jewelry on Lucy Liu each week.  As we approach the end of the regular season (and new episodes), I thought this would be a good time to write about my PLC jewelry.

My favorites are probably still the very first pair of earrings I every purchased from her.  Her Ted's drop earrings. The "Ted" is an homage to Ted Muehling, a New York based sculptor and jewelry designer (I have some of his pieces, too) whose designs are inspired by organic shapes. 

I bought the silver ones first, and as often happens, they became the only earrings I wore for several weeks. The dainty acorn shaped earrings were right up my alley, and at Peggy's very affordable prices, I decided that I'd buy them in gold as well.  I still wear them often, and always receive lots of complements on them.

Photo credit: Peggy Li
Two more terrific purchases I made from Peggy have been birthday gifts - for my mother in law and my daughter.  

Photo credit: Peggy Li
My mother in law has a November birthday, and loves smoky topaz.  I bought her this beautiful necklace several years ago, and she loves it.

For my daughter, it was the "Bubble" necklace, in blue topaz.  It's a favorite, and she wears it often.

As I mentioned earlier this month, I have an April birthday, too. Not wanting to miss the fun, I bought myself a gift from Peggy.  A pair of raw diamond dangles on curved earwires, which are lovely and can be dressed up or down.
Photo credit: Peggy Li

So, if you want a little Hollywood glamour in your life, check out Peggy Li.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment