Monday, July 6, 2020

07.06.20 MoJo sez...

MoJo sez...
he's doing just fine in this time of Covid-19, in fact, he rather likes that someone is home all the time to let him in or out, and make sure his bowls are full of kibble and fresh water.

I don't know if he realizes - or cares - that the humans have not adjusted quite so well to this "new normal" (which frankly, doesn't feel normal at all)...

It's been almost four months since I was in the studio - and I miss it.  I am glad to report that Creative Side continues to be a going concern - they have reopened on a limited basis, and are taking extensive safety precautions. There is now an online shop, and the sales support keeping the studio open for members and for small group classes.

I was really hoping to go back this week, but because our [lack of] leadership in Texas decided to reopen pretty much everything in May, and new Covid cases have spiked - I've put my return on hold.

It's also been months since I wrote a blog post - and I'm trying to figure out how to ease back in.  It seems a bit frivilous to write about jewelry, but while that was usually the "hook", it never limited my range of topics or subject matter...and there is certainly a lot in the world to think and write about now.

Because I'm not in the studio, I'm filling my time with other things, and I think I'm finally finding some rhythm and routine...
Famers Market bounty

Sunday has become my favorite day of the week...

I get up and go to the farmers' market near our house. I head out early, before it gets too hot, and I'm home before lunch. I'd been occassionally in the years before - but it has definitely become my big outing - and the only place where I'm really around other people.

It's run by the Texas Farmers Market organization (a non-profit) and they are all about safety - face masks, social distancing, they even greet you at the entrance with a squirt of hand sanitizer, and a smile.   

I really look forward to seeing the vendors and brining home beautiful produce to eat all week. 

Winner, winner chicken dinner

Then in the evenings, we get carry out fried chicken from Dai Due - one of our favorite restaurants (where we have been weekend regulars since they opened in our neighborhood).  

Not only it is delicious, it gives me a break from cooking (which I am enjoying, and will probably write about), but I get to say hello to the staff, who are became our friends over the years of dining in.



I'm slowly starting to fill my week days with new policy work (pro bono, because I officially closed my consulting corporation last December), and with this post, a return to blogging.  

...and I certainly haven't given up on jewelry...

the last piece I finished in the studio was one for me, a carnelian pendant with MoJo's likeness on the back.

Last week, while I was scrolling through Instragram, these orange shell earrings from Me & Ro popped up - and I thought they would be perfect with the pendant (I was right), so I bought them as my souvenir for this year's missed vacation.
Photo credit: Me&Ro

As I said, I'm easing back into this - nothing profound or thought provoking today - but I'm working on that for future posts.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment