Monday, January 28, 2019

01.28.19 It Started with a Song

Photo credit: Bloodshot Records
...well, with a songwriter, actually -  Rosie Flores and her turquoise guitar.  I bought a great ribbon turquoise - but instead of the usual tan, the matrix was gray - with the blue cutting diagonally across the stone.

My first thought was "it looks like Rosie holding her guitar"...then, I thought...it needs a cowboy boot on the back, and I'm keeping this one...


Everyone, including me, loved the boot!  So I made another pendant - with Royston turquoise - and it sold, right away! Now, it's become kind of a "thing" - and with each new piece of this variety of turquoise, I start to play around look for the best placement of the cut out to show off the stone.


More recently, I decided to make a boot pendant with a piece of wild horse magnesite - and the result was terrific.  The brown and white stone resulted in a great looking pendant (that is listed in my Etsy shop, along with another Royston boot).














In addition to my wildflower pieces, I'm really getting a kick out of creating these ironically Texas pendants.


The end of last year - Rosie Flores played at the Cherrywood Art Fair on a very cold Saturday.  She was bundled up - and so were we.  With some some hot coffee in hand, we enjoyed her band despite the frigid temperatures.  It was great to see her play her turquoise guitar...especially because I was wearing my pendant.

Follow along to find out what inspires me as I head back into the studio for 2019.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment