Wednesday, December 21, 2016

12.26.16 Auld Lang Syne

As I sat down to write my last post for this year, 
I looked back at my final entry for 2015 - I was surprised at how much it still resonates:

The last few weeks have been difficult – just watching what is going on here at home and around the world – and more than I expected it to be, the blog and jewelry making have been a source of beauty and comfort for me.  There is something so affirming about being able to work with my hands and make art – and it has given me a way to escape reality for a few hours at a time.


Now, perhaps more than ever, art matters...both as a way to bring beauty into the world, and as a means of seeing things through a critical lens.

Go out and find the artists in your community - get to know them, support them, and perhaps even join them.

Until next time.

PS - I'm going to take the first couple of weeks of January off, while my daughter is home from college, but I'll be back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment