Monday, December 12, 2016

12.12.16 Ip, ip, ip...IPPOLITA!

Photo credit: IPPOLITA
(and you thought I was going to say 'ooray!)

I'm having a really busy holiday season - so this post will be short.  But I didn't want to miss a week so close to the end of the year - and I am absolutely going to find time to go to Russell Korman for their Ippolita trunk show on Wednesday (December 14).

As fine jewelry companies go, Ippolita - founded in 1999 by Italian artist and designer Ippolita Rostagno - is a relative newcomer.  Her contemporary pieces featuring precious metals and gemstones are some of my favorites - and they transition beautifully from casual to dressy wear.

Photo credit: IPPOLITA
I have several pairs of her earrings - and I love mixing her high end dangles with some of my most "low end" necklaces. 

I wrote one of my first posts about wearing these blue "Rock Candy" doublet earrings with a $20 necklace of glass beads strung on waxed cotton.






There are a lot of things I really like about Ippolita in addition to the clean, simple shapes - it is one of the most colorful lines of fine jewelry I've ever seen. Additionally, because she works in silver as well gold, many of her pieces are very affordable (making it easier for me to justify buying a pair of earrings almost annually!).

Recently, I've been wearing my oval diamond "Stella" drops with a pendant I made from a piece of reclaimed surfboard resin. I love the bright colors, and decided that it needed something whimsical on the reverse - so I gave it a fat tabby cat. I had so much fun making this one I decided to keep it.

That's it for this week - like I said, short and sweet (but it still counts, right?).




Don't miss your chance to shop locally for this great jewelry line in Austin - the staff and IPPOLITA reps will be there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday (the jewelry is always there) - so swing on by, perhaps I'll see you.  If not, tell them Deb sent you!

In case you've forgotten, you can find Russell Korman at 5011 Burnet Road.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment