Tuesday, May 25, 2021

05.25.21 Cookie sez...hello!

After more than 30 years of having a critter or a kid (or both) around the house...it was just to quiet after MoJo left us, so we have a new furry family member.

Meet Cookie.

We adopted her from the Austin Animal Center not quite a month ago, and she has settled in nicely as the cat about the house.




When I decided I was ready for another cat (and it didn't take long), I thought I would probably adopt a slightly older cat - under two - and didn't really plan on bringing home an eight week old, two pound baby...but that's exactly what we did!

We met her on Sunday, she was spayed on Monday and came home with us on Tuesday.  She was pretty skittish at first...and found a place on the kitchen bookshelf to hide, but it didn't take her long to figure out that as humans go, we are pretty acceptable.

Her extended family sent her all sorts of wonderful welcome home gifts - a climbing platform, a bunch of toys filled with catnip - but her favorite things are champagne corks (a carry over from MoJo) and a cardboard box.

I was told - in no uncertain terms - that the occassional post on social media was not going to be enough kitten content, so I succumbed to peer pressure and created an Instagram account for her.  She's Cookie the Whale Nosed Cat, because of the shape of the mark on her nose.



I'm not sure creating a second IG account was such a good idea, because I'm actually trying to get back to posting jewelry on a daily basis on Facets of Myself...but it's done.  Even if you don't want to follow Cookie's account, she will definitely show up on mine, too.

She's full of life and energy - and has already brought us so much joy - but she does take up a lot of time, which is why this week's post is both a day late, and on the short side!

However, now I'm caught up, and I need to get to work writing more!

Until next time.











No comments:

Post a Comment