Monday, December 28, 2015

12.28.15 Saved by the Blog

I can’t believe this is my last post for 2015 – and what a year it has been.  I am grateful to everyone who has followed along, and hope that you’ll stay with me as we move into the new year.

The last few weeks have been difficult – just watching what is going on here at home and around the world – and more than I expected it to be, the blog and jewelry making have been a source of beauty and comfort for me.  There is something so affirming about being able to work with my hands and make art – and it has given me a way to escape reality for a few hours at a time.

I’ve had so much encouragement – from my amazing family, especially my husband – my friends, my jewelry instructors, and you – my readers.  Every time one of you reads a post, I get a little electronic validation, and I can’t overstate how good that makes me feel.

When I started writing last January my goal was a post a week, and to take jewelry classes…and I did it!

In that first post I wrote:

For the past 30 years I've been in the public policy business.  For 25 of those years I've been raising children.  My nest is now empty, and I've long had a pipe dream of being in the jewelry business (although I have no formal training - I do have years of shopping and wearing experience).  That said, I'm seriously considering trying to make jewelry more than a hobby...so this is where I'm going to start.

And so it was – a start.  My world has expanded; I’ve worn more different pieces of jewelry in the past year than well, I can’t remember when; and I’ve made jewelry – I’ve cast it from wax, formed it from metal clay and cut, shaped and soldered it together (more about that soon).

This post, is not an end, but the next beginning.  I want 2016 to be the year I sell my first piece of jewelry (watch for updates when I have some things in my Etsy shop) - and I want to continue to learn, grow and share my adventures with you, my readers.

Wishing you all the best for a very happy new year.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment